Some folks here at BCB have discussed at length possible starting lineups and the bullpen/closer situations; however, we have yet to speculate on the potential 25-man roster with which the Cubs will break camp in 2007.
The following are a few questions about the roster:
- Should the Cubs start the year with a 4-man rotation and, if so, then which "fifth starter" goes to the bullpen?
- Should the Cubs go with 14 position players and 11 pitchers or 13 and 12? (This is related to the above question, of course).
- How many of the "young pitchers" from last year have a shot at making the final cuts?
- Why have the Cubs not designated Roberto Novoa for assignment yet?
- What happens to Michael Wuertz, because right now, I see him as the 13th pitcher when a maxium of 12 should be allowed, as shown here:
This is enough, at least for now. Please let me know what you think. Anyone have any answers here or other questions?