Thank you again in advance for your answers!
- Gallagher seemed to be absolutely wiping out AAA; yet every time he gets to the bigs he has melted down. Last night-- 4 ER's in less than 1 IP?? Is he for real or is he just a tease? I didn't get to see the game. Are his pitches any good? What is the deal with this guy?
- Why does everyone go on and on about how bad Kendall is? His OBP has climbed to over .400. Sure, he doesn't have a whole lot of power, but the guy is a catcher. Hitting for average and getting on base is really not all that bad in terms of production from a catcher. Remember, we had Damien Miller for a while who couldn't pay to get on base. Am I missing something here? I think we got probably the best trade in baseball by acquiring him from the A's for essentially nothing.
- Anyone hear anything about Shannon Stewart? I really wish he would come so we would have some sort of anchor in RF.
- Why is Cliff Floyd not playing now with the power hitters like Soriano and Ramirez out? I would think it's even more important for him to be playing every day right now during this stretch. Is he hurt again?
- Is our pitching staff set for the rest of the year? I am assuming it just about is. No words on any trades regarding pitchers who have cleared waivers? I was hoping the Cubbies would make some sort of move sort of like how the Yankees went after Chacon a few years back.
- Any word on Wood being our closer? I think a 7th-8th-9th inning combo of Marmol, Howry, Wood would be amazing. Use Dempster for middle relief. The guy is just not a reliable closer.
This is a FanPost and does not necessarily reflect the views of SB Nation or Al Yellon, managing editor (unless it's a FanPost posted by Al). FanPost opinions are valued expressions of opinion by passionate and knowledgeable baseball fans.