There's not much that can be said about today's rather dull, one-sided Cubs 6-2 loss to the Angels, so let's go down a quick list of "Good" and "Bad".
- Kerry Wood threw 95, had no health problems, and except for the pitch that Torii Hunter slammed for a three-run HR, hit his spots. I'm guessing the coaches were pleased.
- Matt Murton had three hits -- increasing, it is presumed, his trade value
- Jake Fox hit a two-run HR -- increasing, it is presumed, his trade value
- Carmen Pignatiello and Tim Lahey both threw well in relief
- Jason Marquis looked ... well, not so good. He didn't appear to have good command
- Felix Pie went 0-for-3 in the leadoff spot
- Bob Howry wasn't as sharp as he could have been
I was also interested in hearing the brief interview with Geovany Soto, whose English is absolutely flawless, and who exuded a real air of confidence (at least from what could be seen on TV) that he can and will get the job done as starting catcher this season.
Tomorrow, we'll see more of what we'll really be looking at during 2008, as I expect most of the regular starting lineup will be playing in the televised game from Mesa vs. the Giants.