SCOTTSDALE, Arizona -- Not a cloud in the sky this morning, so the brief weather interregnum -- which made it partly cloudy and coolish the last two days -- seems to be over. Today, it will be sunny and 74 with light winds, a perfect day to resume the spring schedule.
Notes from today:
- Jay Mariotti is still an idiot. In fact, the fact that he's written this Don't-Use-Wood-As-Closer column means that Kerry will not only get the job, but be a huge success.
- The Trade That Shall Not Be Named -- to the White Sox?
- Bruce Miles summarizes the 2008 story so far.
- The sale of Wrigley Field to the state? Dead, says the Tribune. The Sun-Times, however, which has had blazing tabloid headlines opposing this deal, says the ISFA is still going to try to geat the deal done.
- Dave van Dyck of the Tribune summarizes possible roster cuts and moves, although I disagree with him on Tim Lahey. I think Lahey is ticketed for Iowa (after he's "returned" to the Twins and then "sent back" as the PTBNL in the Craig Monroe trade), and Kevin Hart is going to make the team.
Royals lefthander John Bale faces Jason Marquis, who is making his fourth spring start. You can hear it via the Royals radio station or MLB.TV at the MLB.com Mediacenter.
Discuss amongst yourselves.