SCOTTSDALE, Arizona -- Yes, that's right: 2:05, not 3:05. The game is an hour earlier than it has been since the DST change, likely to give Lou and the staff an extra hour to prepare for the split-squad game against the Giants tonight (I'll post a recap of the day game later this afternoon which will also serve as the game thread for the night game). There will be audio coverage of both games via the MLB.com Mediacenter (A's announcers for the day game, MLB.com announcers for the night game, at least according to that link).Other notes:
- Jason Marquis is trade bait. Yawn. Yes, Gordon, we know.
- Was yesterday's lineup the one we will see Lou Piniella submit on March 31? Maybe. Probably. Lou's going to decide soon, says that Paul Sullivan article.
- Alex Cintron, who seemed to have made the roster, is hurt again, hurting his chances. Ronny Cedeno's big day yesterday probably helped his.
- At last, we know Kerry Wood's prepare-to-be-the-closer schedule:
Piniella said Wood would pitch in consecutive games today and Thursday, take a day off, then pitch again -- ostensibly to see how Wood responds to the kind of schedule closers routinely work. "He'll pitch an inning both days, then a day off, then work an inning-plus the next game," Pinella said.
- Finally, what's with the MLPBA "investigating" why Barry Bonds hasn't been signed? Doesn't Don Fehr have anything better to do?