As my first post, I'd like to say that this is BY FAR the best place to go in search of news, rumors, and general opinions of all things Cubs-related. In reading the latest Rumblings by Jayson Stark, he discusses the most feared hitter in MLB, now that Barry Bonds is unemployed :)
The consensus among all various club execs and scouts have Albert Pujols as the most feared when the game is on the line. I agree, even though he is with the hated Cards, you walk him (if possible). I was also glad to see DLee mentioned in this group as he is the complete professional in terms of using the whole field with plus power.
Here's the link:
Out of all the players mentioned, here is how I would rank the top 5:
1. Pujols (remember the moon shot he hit off of Lidge in the 2005 NLCS to extend the series)
2. Manny or Ortiz (either would suffice here)
3. Vlad Guerrero (the guy can take one out regardless of pitch location)
4. DLee (extremely hot right now)
5. Chase Utley (leading with 10 HRs, IMO reminds me of my fav, Ryno)
How would you rank them with the game on the line?