It's not exactly halfway through the season or the All-Star break yet, but it IS July 1. Perhaps time to look ahead, rather than behind, and take this opportunity to confront one another with our wit and wisdom.
Here's the suggested format:
You create a comparison that could go either way, based on the performances of Cub players the rest of 2009. Other people vote or discuss which they believe is more likely to happen.
When we have a comparison that seems to be evenly split, I will edit this fanpost to create a poll about just that question. If there are at least 100 votes, and the split is within 3 points of 50/50 either way, you will win a genuine Wrigley Field Cubs souvenir, one of last year's giveaways. (You would have to tell me your address to receive the prize.)
- Who will have the higher OPS versus RH pitching the rest of the year, Soriano or Bradley?
- Who will have more wins, Wells or Harden?
- Who will hit more homers from here out, Soto or Fox?
- Who will record more strikeouts, Samardzija or Marshall?
- Who will have more stolen bases, Fukudome or Theriot?
You get the idea.