Hey BCBers, only 4 days until the 24th Annual Cubs Convention. This is my first Cubs convention after being a season ticket holder for 5 years, and I really don't know what to expect. Maybe some of you convention veterans can offer some hints. Maybe even wear our BCB shirts that day?
(Using the search function, here is a thread with the schedule:)
Here are some ideas of topics to post on this thread:
1) What are some can't miss events/speakers at this year's convention?
2) What are some past years' memories of the convention? Have you ever won something cool at the raffle? Did you have a beer with Manny Trillo?
3) If you are going, who are you bringing? Are you going all 3 days, taking off work, staying 8 am - 9 pm or just stopping by for an hour?
4) What should you bring? Camera, autograph items, cash for souvenirs, etc?
and possibly most importantly:
5) Where are BCBers socializing afterwards (downtown watering holes, etc?)