- Recently I can hardly collect basehits. It should be time to remain in patience both for the team and myself. We are sort of in on-again-off-again situation, hard to fly high above .500. We are struggling. I feel there were too many little mistakes we made in those games and that suffered.
- Just one month to halfway, and want to win as many as we can until then. I'm very healthy, no injury... well, need to be very patient these days.
- Facing Kenshin-san was absolutely fun, and absolutely unnatural. I'd been watching his back from outfield in Dragon-Blue jersey for many years, and then I finally watched his face from the plate in Atlanta in different jerseys. Something wrong. We had to bite inside of our cheeks hard in the first at-bat when we saw each other.
- I knew he is great pitcher since I joined Dragons with precise location control. He pitched mostly down low and corners to me, almost no mistakes, couldn't find easy one.
- I slightly remember there was only one time we faced up in the game before - it was a practice game in Dragons spring camp (2007 in Chatan, Okinawa), and I got struck out swinging (IMG_0257 to IMG_0272).
- After the game, Kenshin-san brought me dine out (note - looks like they ate sushi or sashimi). Off course he picked up the bill :-). We talked a lot, mainly about daily life in US, as I have one year advantage of MLB experience.
- I am looking for our second meetings in Chicago next month, and we will definitely dine out again. Well, I would pick up the bill next time, expectedly...
- I hope I will have more basehits anytime soon, and I know you fans are being patient these days. I will make my best effort to regain my performance.
Right after he wrote this diary, he collected four hits against Indians, and was hitless but had a couple of nice defensive plays to help Cubs to sweep them. On the other hand, local high school baseball tournament began here in Okinawa ("March Madness" equivalent to us here in Japan, especially in Okinawa) and I don't afford to have much time to watch Cubs game live (not even Dragons), but the next chance is your Wednesday game against Tigers (my Thursday morning). Hope I can join live thread a little bit then.
This is a FanPost and does not necessarily reflect the views of SB Nation or Al Yellon, managing editor (unless it's a FanPost posted by Al). FanPost opinions are valued expressions of opinion by passionate and knowledgeable baseball fans.