Okay, so I'm frustrated like everyone else and I've made a pact to myself. Tomorrow is Friday night, I want to have fun and not waste the evening watching the Cubs despite if they win or lose.
Therefore instead of bitching I wrote a Letterman style "Top 10 Reasons Why I will not watch the Cubs this Friday Night".
Try doing your own and without being angry.
10. If Lou isn't paying attention to the game, why should I?
9. If the Cubs are playing that means Soto hasn't touched the all you can eat buffet.
8. I'll strike out with the ladies a lot less than Soriano will at the plate.
7. Alcohol helps me forget about the playoffs in 2008 more than any weekend series in LA.
6. When I hang out with my friends, we don't call the guy we can't stand. Unfortunately the Cubs are too nice and will call Aaron Miles to pinch hit.
5. We're not capable of landing on the DL even with our excessive alcohol consumption.
4. If I go out in NY, I can still laugh at Mets fans.
3. We don't believe in sausage fests so wherever we go there will be a lot less balls then what Marmol throws.
2. We don't know anybody with a first or last name spelled Gregg with two G's.
And the number 1 reason I won't be watching the Cubs tomorrow night:
1. I can't complain on Saturday about a game I haven't seen the night before.
Wow this was harder than I thought. But once I got to #4 I couldn't give up. I'm sure some of the creative people on here can come up with better ones. Oh and if Cubs made some miraculous comeback. well this was all done in fun :)