Random observations of Lou Pinella on the live interview
1) Zambrano's pitching looks better earlier than every before
2) Soto had a winter involving nutritionists, weight loss and a lot of work and looks awesome. He's light on his feet, handling the ball better and that they are jumping off his bat also
3) Lou loves Byrd's presence as the "anti-Bradley"-- a fine young man.
4) There's going to be a better clubhouse, better chemistry this year .. and that the team feels they want to have fun this year
5) Rudy Jaramillo has made it clear he wants every team the Cubs face this year understand that when the Cubs are in town they are there to score RUNS
6) The maddening decimation and slumping of the Cubs last year did indeed about exhaust Lou last year, admitting that yes, he was pretty tired and frustrated much of the time.
And God, it looked wonderful to see Greg Maddux working in the cage with the pitchers.
Tuesday, your 2010 Cubs will be on the field for the full first workout.
First Spring training game on TV is March 5, and my mom won't move from her hospital room that day.
Thank you, Jesus, for this wonderful game.