Fantasy 411, which is affiliated with the MLB Network, has released their player projections for 2011. They are projecting 32 dingers for Carlos Pena with a .233/.353/.473 line. They are predicting a pretty big regression for Geovany Soto with a .268/.343/.460 line. This is probably due to the fact that Soto's 2009 season was so bad that it throws off any attempt at statistical projections for him.
They are high on Pena and not so keen on Soto
Here is the rest of the Cubs projected starting lineup:
- Kosuke Fukudome: .258/.365/.406 11 HR
- Alfonso Soriano: .257/.319/.464 23 HR
- Tyler Colvin: .255/.309/.459 17 HR
- Aramis Ramirez: .275/.342/.474 24 HR
- Marlon Byrd: .283/.338/.425
- Starlin Castro: .290/.337/.388
- Blake DeWitt: .260/.332/.375
II think, or hope, Colvin will at least match his .OBP from last year. Byrd is due for a regression. I agree with Ramirez coming in under his career averages, since he's getting older, but he will be much better than last year.