I am watching the NBA Finals. Usually, my sports cycle goes as follows:
* January -- Football, Football, Football
* February -- Key NBA games; College basketball tournaments; Spring Training previews
* March - College basketball
* April - First couple series' of MLB season, NBA playoffs
* May - NBA, keep an eye on Cubs
* June - Finish NBA; Full-time Cubs & Baseball
Now... I find myself wishing that the NBA finals was a best 19 out of 37 series.
The Heat and Blue Devils will be the champions of basketball. The Stanley Cup is being decided by thuggery. College sports are a cesspool. Today's champion is tomorrow's blank spot in the record book. We won't have the NBA next year and may not have the NFL.
And our favorite baseball team could very well lose 105 games.
Well, no matter what happens, you can be sure of one thing.
I'm not freaking watching auto racing.