H. Darr Beiser-USA TODAY
Before (or after) bites of turkey... here are some Cubs' links to (metaphorically) chew on.
If you missed the first Cub Tracks, click here. And then click on BCB everyday, slackers.
From Comcast SportsNet
- Of course, everyone wrote about the 40 man roster shuffle on Tuesday. Here's CSN's take.
- Tony Andracki has a more in-depth look at new Cubs' SP prospect Barret Loux.
From the Chicago Tribune
- Everybody do the roster shuffle.
- I really have no idea why this article was written, since it is old news... but Dave van Dyck says the Cubs are among the pursuers of Japanese closer Kyuji Fujikawa. We already knew that.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Cubs pitchers were pretty giving in 2012. Maybe they get that from pitching coach Chris Bosio, who is giving in another way. He helps raise money for cancer awareness.
From Cubs Den
- The Cubs want to turn it up to 11. They're not looking for 5-tool players... they're looking for 6-tool players.
- It's been almost two years since the Cubs acquired Matt Garza. How's that deal look now?
- The 40-man roster shuffle was all about upside.
- Could the Cubs snag someone in the Rule 5 draft? It will certainly shock you that they might look to Theo's old organization for a prospect. Here's a hint: it's the Boston Red Sox.
- Al posted the info about the Cubs signing some minor league free agents. Here's a bit more on that.
Today's food for thought
- I will try not to double-dip sources too frequently, but we head back to Live Science for some interesting facts about turkeys. It only seems appropriate today.
Have a great holiday, everyone.