Welcome, Edwin. - Jennifer Hilderbrand-US PRESSWIR
Merry Christmas to all those Cub fans who celebrate... and a have a great Tuesday for all those who don't! Around here...we all share the same religion: our Cubs.
From Comcast SportsNet
- Outfield candidate Dave Sappelt is starring in the Venezuelan winter league.
- Signing Edwin Jackson was the Theo Epstein's first big free-agent signing with the Cubs. Patrick Mooney says it's a $52M message.
From Cubs Den
- The recent acquisitions, assuming they are all finalized, give the Cubs something they haven't had the last couple of years: options on the mound.
- Cubs Den will take a look at the Cub roster position by position, starting with the men behind the dish and moving on to Anthony Rizzo, who the Cubs hope will man first base for the foreseeable future.
- A quick list of the Cubs' holiday spending.
- Signing Edwin Jackson represents the Cubs making an attempt to bridge the gap between their inferior present and hopefully contending in the future.
From the Daily Herald
- Here's something many of us Cubs fans may have not considered: why didn't the Washington Nationals make a qualifying offer to Edwin Jackson? Something to ponder... do the Cubs sign Jackson if it would have cost them their second round pick?
Today's food for thought
- During this time of year, there are countless stories that tug at the very fabric of your heart. I've selected this one - about a 9-year old girl with an inoperable brain tumor who helped raise money for charity - because I believe it speaks to a greater cause. I believe in the mission of the Make-A-Wish Foundation. In the spirit of the holidays, consider a donation if you have the means.