MLBTradeRumors reports... that Cub Tracks is back!
No rumors here, just fully hyperlinks. And lots more Jim Deshaies!
From Comcast SportsNet
- The Cubs are counting on a strong return by Matt Garza.
- The Shane Victorino contract may have thrown a bit of a wrench in the Cubs' plans. They're still looking for the bridge to Brett Jackson. (Maybe it's the just-signed Nate Schierholtz?)
- Dale Sveum says Carlos Marmol and Kyuji Fujikawa can co-exist. C'mon... what else would you expect him to say?
- Speaking of our gunshot victim, Patrick Mooney goes 1-on-1 with the Cub skipper.
- Theo Epstein says... free agents are still telling him the north side is a desirable destination.
- Hall of Famer Fergie Jenkins has some thoughts on the Hall and PEDs.
- The Cubs welcomed their new broadcaster. Video included.
From the Chicago Tribune
- Apparently, the Trib crew woke up in time to go to Nashville.
- Sveum says getting shot is no big deal. 'Tis just a flesh wound.
- Getting shot is no big deal... and youth won't be an excuse next year. Someone consolidate that and put it on a t-shirt.
- Marmol is still the closer, at least for now. Again, what else do you expect them to say? And Japanese execs say Fujikawa can close in the majors.
- Breaking news from Phil Rogers! The Cubs' plan? Long-term.
- I'm no Dusty Baker fan, but this is a nice story. Baker credits a Cubs doctor with saving his life.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Cubs prospect Albert Almora is in great shape, thanks to his backyard.
- Jim Deshaies won't be pronouncing names backwards.
- Sveum, Sveum, and more Sveum... he's....
- Quotable on a number of topics.
- Has high hopes for Brett Jackson.
- Is not worried about being shot. He says Yount got the bird... I assume that was two-fold.
- While we worry about who might play 3B most of the time, the back-up at the hot corner might already play on the Cub infield: Starlin Castro.
- Carrie Muskat discusses MLB franchise money matters.
- Jesse Rogers (the new primary blogger for this site) also found the Cub manager to be quotable.
- Attention all acolytes! Our hero has fallen - at the hands of Alfonso Soriano. That's right, the Fonz proved Theo wrong. Thus falls the cloak of the deity.
- Much like peace, Cub fans should give Jim Deshaies a chance. I like the hiring, but is there really a choice in giving him a chance?
- Starlin Castro's agent says contract pressure impacted his client last season... but no more.
- Jed Hoyer talks winter meetings.
- If you want to open an old wound... the Bartman game still weighs on former Cub Alex Gonzalez.
From Cubs Den
- They've just been keeping up with rumors during the meetings. I expect articles to return for next week's Cub Tracks installment.
From the Daily Herald
- Signing bullpen help gives the team options.
- Cub fans should like what Deshaies will bring to the broadcast.
- Vicki Santo is trying to extend the legacy of her late husband Ron. Santo will have a non-profit that will help make diabetes alert dogs more widely available. The second anniversary of Ron Santo's death was Monday.
- Expect wit and wisdom from the new Cub broadcaster.
Today's food for thought
- Out of ideas on how to entertain a baby? Have you tried ripping paper?