If you're not doing anything tomorrow night (Monday, Feb 27th), come on over to the 2012 Chicago Cubs Wrigley Field Annual Advisory Community Meeting Agenda at the 23rd District Police Station, 850 West Addison. That's just over 2 blocks east of Wrigley Field.
I went last year, along with BCB photographer David Sameshima. I think some other BCBers might have been there, but did not know or meet them at the time. Meeting alternated between being informative, amusing and boring; but overall I felt it was worth a couple hours of my life.
They do have a Q&A session at the end, and it's fairly easy to make your voice heard if you do have an issue or question you want addressed. Just don't get your hopes up that anything will actually be done because of it. For example...
Last year, I got up and asked my hot-button question - something along the lines of "What's being done about all the noise and air pollution caused by idling buses around the ballpark?" I got what seemed like a pretty good response at the time - Cubs are very concerned about this issue, City of Chicago recently passed a clean-air ordinance, charter bus companies have been put on notice, yada yada yada. Of course, then the regular season came and went and not a damn thing changed - same old noisy, smelly situation. Oh well...
I'm going to try and attend this year, if nothing else then to see if anything will be said about what's going on with the McRicketts parking lot across the street. If you see someone with a Cleveland Indians hat on, chances are good it's me. I'll probably be towards the back so I can safely chortle a bit if the urge strikes.
I'll also try to tweet updates if anything of significance is said, especially if Jessica shows up to ask about Ticket Sales. Sorry Doggie, wrong meeting - convention was last month... ;-) My twitter account is @ballhawk_ken.
Complete agenda after the jump...
2012 Chicago Cubs Wrigley Field Annual Advisory Community Meeting Agenda
February 27th, 2012 - 6:30 - 8:00 p.m.
23rd District Police Station
- 2011 Season Recap & 2012 Season Overview (by Chicago Cubs)
- 2011 Season Totals/Attendance
- Remote Parking
- Bike Valet Parking
- Program Area Cleanup
- Public Announcement During Games
- 2011 Ice Rink
- 2011 Concerts Overview
- Overview of 2011 "Cubs Way" Fan Festivals & Proposed 2012 Plan(s)
- 2012 Proposed Concerts/ Dates
- 2012 Schedule
- Other Proposed Activities
2. Cubs Fund
- 2011 Cub Fund Balance, Disbursements, Appropriations
3. City Department 2011 Service Reports / Planned 2012 Program
- OEMC - Traffic Control
- Police - Parking Violations & Criminal Activity
- Police - Enforcement: Towing
4. Department of Revenue
- 2011 Department of Revenue Parking Violation, Enforcement
- 2011 Night Baseball Permit Parking Program
5. Department of Business Affairs & Consumer Protection
- Parking Lot Violations
- Sidewalk Café Violations
6. Department of Streets & Sanitation
- Litter Collection & Street Cleaning
7. Department of Transportation
- Game Date Barricades / Permanent Night Game Sign Installation
- Traffic Signal Improvements
- Traffic Advisories
8. 2012 Major Community Issues/Further Discussion
- Community Questions & Comments