I know it's no certainty that all of the Cubs young players pan out or continue to play at the level they have so far, but it's exciting to think of what might be by just next year, or even later this season. I especially like the left handed pressence and speed that we haven't had in a long time.
1. L-Campana- CF (If he can get on base at a .350+ clip he can wreak havoc)
2. L-Jackson- RF (Has started slow at AAA, but has 5 tools and a nice game yesterday. Avg. is creeping up)
3. R-Castro- SS (Perrenial .300+ hitter. Would like to see his power and defense improve, take a few more walks)
4. L-LaHair- LF (Can he hit over the course of a full season??? If so, look out)
5. L-Rizzo-1B (Tearing it up in AAA, but did that last year. Will it translate to the majors? If so, look out again)
6. L-Stewart- 3B (Victim of some early season tough luck. Will be given every opportunity to keep 3B job)
7. R-Soto- C (Could have put Clevenger and/or Castillo here. Will be interesting to see what his future holds)
8. R-Barney- 2B (Don't know if he's the answer here either, but for now there's no heir apparent.