The Braves picked up another Upton this week, as they now have B.J. in center field and Justin Upton in left. No word about whether they'll go after their sister Kate, but word is that Justin Verlander isn't planning on trading her.
- Jayson Stark of ESPN.com talks to rival NL executives about Justin and B.J. Upton playing on the same team. Most see this as a steal, but some do see some downsides to the deal.
- Danny Knobler of CBSsports.com thinks the move could make the Braves a great team. I think they'd have to get rid of that chop thing first.
- The Mets want Michael Bourn, but they don't want to lose that first round draft pick.
- Derek Jeter is in Switzerland.
- Dave George of the Palm Beach Post think MLB did the right thing by not giving the Marlins the 2015 All-Star Game.
- Terry Pluto of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer fondly remembers Earl Weaver.
- Craig Calcaterra of Hardball Talk thinks the spigot of local TV money might run dry after the Dodgers deal.
- Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports says the Giants are not in a hurry to sign Buster Posey to a long-term deal.
- Elvis Andrus is having a big Winter Ball season in Venezuela.
- Joe Mauer's older brother Jake is the new manager of the Cedar Rapids Kernels.
- Jim Leyland talks about Bruce Rondon and other Tigers in Toledo.
- Nyjer Morgan signed with the Yokohama DeNA Bay Stars. No word as to where Tony Plush might end up.
- Two Senators want to name a bridge across the Mississippi after Stan Musial.
- Finally, the coolest baseball memorabilia story of the year. A baseball signed by both Babe Ruth and Al Capone is up for auction. If only I had a spare $200 grand I'd . . . well, I wouldn't waste it on an autographed baseball. But I still think that's cool.
The Hawkeye Women's Basketball team beat Wisconsin.
And tomorrow will be a better day than today, Buster.