We expect to improve by THIS MUCH. - David Banks
2012 gave Cubs fans many emotions... most of which fell along the seven stages of grief. But others are taking solace and finding hope in the process. So don't look back in anger... let's look ahead to 2013!
Light on links. We'll assume it is hangover related.
From Comcast SportsNet
- The Cubs introduced Edwin Jackson Wednesday. Here are some of his comments from the presser (warning: loud advertisement first!).
- Here's an "A to Z" approach to looking ahead.
From Cubs Den
- Everyone is taking a look back at 2012... but how about a month-by-month look ahead at 2013? Spoiler: it's a tongue in cheek look.
- Most reports have industry sources lauding the Cubs' plan and offseason efforts. But that's not a sentiment that is universal.
- The Cubs rung in the New Year by officially signing and introducing Edwin Jackson.
- The Cubs are still a work in progress, but they think competing might come sooner than many think. Like... now. This link also looks at 10 key questions for Dale Sveum and his staff.
- Carrie's blog takes one last look back at 2012.
Today's food for thought
- If you missed this hit by South Carolina freak show Jadeveon Clowney, take a look. Be warned... if you have fillings, they may loosen in sympathy for the doomed Wolverine runner.