Jennifer Hilderbrand-US PRESSWIRE
Whether it is 60 degrees or six degrees in January (or both in a matter of days/hours), baseball minds start dreaming of sunnier days. For Cub fans, and writers, that also means looking at summers beyond 2013. So there's plenty of prospect and draft news to graze through in today's Cub Tracks.
It's a pretty light day of links, mostly of "evergreen" stories (journalism term for stories that can be broadcast/published whenever because they're not time sensitive).
And sorry for the short intro and descriptions... I'm really crushing time at work.
From Comcast SportsNet
- (Unrelated video autostarts) Cubs outfield prospect Matt Szczur is setting his sights on Wrigley.
- Pitching prospect Robert Whitenack says he's back at full strength and ready to let it rip after a year of working out the kinks post-TJS.
- (video) David DeJesus and his wife Kim stopped by CTL to talk about healthy eating. I add this because I know some of you were concerned Kim, err, David DeJesus might be traded.
- Dave Kaplan is on zygote-to-be watch. He's looking at potential Cub draft picks.
From Cubs Den
- Cub notes: Tom Tango, PEDs, and Scott Boras sticking to his guns, on "behalf" of Michael Bourn.
- A look at the bullpen in lieu of Bruce Levine mentioning during chat that he expects Carlos Marmol to be traded before opening day.
- Let's take a deeper look at the MLB.com prospect rankings, particularly comparing Cubs prospect Javier Baez with Cleveland Indians prospect Francisco Lindor.
- Cub notes, part deux: the Cubs clean up with international prospects, a link to an interview with new Cubs consultant Tom Tango, and some more draft/prospect discussion.
- You know you were curious, so here's Theo's 25 favorite Pearl Jam songs, presented by the Wrigley scoreboard.
- Highlights from Cubs Caravan.
- Hot Stove previews the Cubs 2013 season.
- A trio of Cubs prospects are rising up the charts, giving the Cubs' farm system a brighter outlook.
Today's food for thought
- You need more stuff to click on. So...
- A hooked marlin sinks a fishing boat.
- The world's 7 most dangerous and remote islands.
- Tumbleweeds stampede.
- And a surfer takes on a giant wave, possibly setting a world record.