It's a pretty light day of links, mostly of "evergreen" stories (journalism term for stories that can be broadcast/published whenever because they're not time sensitive).
And sorry for the short intro and descriptions... I'm really crushing time at work.
From Comcast SportsNet
- (Unrelated video autostarts) Cubs outfield prospect Matt Szczur is setting his sights on Wrigley.
- Pitching prospect Robert Whitenack says he's back at full strength and ready to let it rip after a year of working out the kinks post-TJS.
- (video) David DeJesus and his wife Kim stopped by CTL to talk about healthy eating. I add this because I know some of you were concerned Kim, err, David DeJesus might be traded.
- Dave Kaplan is on zygote-to-be watch. He's looking at potential Cub draft picks.
From Cubs Den
- Cub notes: Tom Tango, PEDs, and Scott Boras sticking to his guns, on "behalf" of Michael Bourn.
- A look at the bullpen in lieu of Bruce Levine mentioning during chat that he expects Carlos Marmol to be traded before opening day.
- Let's take a deeper look at the MLB.com prospect rankings, particularly comparing Cubs prospect Javier Baez with Cleveland Indians prospect Francisco Lindor.
- Cub notes, part deux: the Cubs clean up with international prospects, a link to an interview with new Cubs consultant Tom Tango, and some more draft/prospect discussion.
- You know you were curious, so here's Theo's 25 favorite Pearl Jam songs, presented by the Wrigley scoreboard.
- Highlights from Cubs Caravan.
- Hot Stove previews the Cubs 2013 season.
- A trio of Cubs prospects are rising up the charts, giving the Cubs' farm system a brighter outlook.
Today's food for thought