Baseball America's Cubs Top 10 prospect list is all the buzz, sparking comments here at BCB and at other Cub-centric corners of the internet. So what's it all mean and how have recent acquisitions affected the teams' outlook?
Random prediction: The Cubs will acquire (by trade or free-agent signing) a player this week who ends up on the 25-man roster.
Why is there a photo of Arodys Vizcaino with this post? (And did you even know what he looked like before now?) There's more in today's Cub Tracks about him and other Cubs prospects.
From Comcast SportsNet
- This is being discussed elsewhere, but here's an article about BA releasing their top 10 prospect list for the Cubs. There's some more details on the various prospects. Side note... there's also a video link to Dave Kaplan's recent interview with Matt Garza.
- The signing of Edwin Jackson frees the team up to focus on their next moves. With all the activity, expect more to come.
- Speaking of Jackson, the Cub front office is convinced he's a building block.
From Cubs Den
- The Cubs are in on Cuban shortstop Aledmys Diaz.
- Cubs Den hops on the D-Train as an acquisition that just makes you smile.
- The Cubs (reportedly) almost acquired Rangers' third base prospect Mike Olt last summer. Here's an argument for making a stronger push now.
- Some notes, mostly about some minor comings and goings.
- One national baseball writer says the Cub leadership is confident in their youthful foundation... and that the rebuild is ahead of schedule.
- Carrie's inbox looks at the rotation and right field.
- Let's check in with Theo Epstein. Topics include: the Cubs' young core, Matt Garza's future, and some upcoming charity work.
From the Daily Herald
- Sammy Sosa will learn soon how Hall of Fame voters feel about his candidacy... but Slammin' Sammy already has plenty of artifacts in the Hall.
Today's food for thought
- Two video distractions from CNN today. First, a really cool three-pointer.
- Second... I love stories like this. A dad returns from the front lines and surprises his son in a very super way.