Erik is back on vacation, so Josh and I will be taking over Cub Tracks for a little bit. I'm sure you'll miss him dearly. (Doesn't it seem like Erik takes a lot of vacations?) Many thanks to Tim Shockley for the cool photo of the Pearl Jam concert at Wrigley last summer.
From Comcast SportsNet
- Speaking of Pearl Jam, Rolling Stone thinks Wrigley Field is the second-best rock stadium.
- The search for the team's next manager is taking the front office in many different directions.
From Cubs Den
- Notes part 1: The Cubs are Top 10 in three categories, draft news, and more on the team's value.
- Notes part 2: Some gloves could be gold, Jorge Soler returns, more Arizona scouting reports, and some encouraging reports on Dan Vogelbach.
- Teddy Cahill on a big day from Jorge Soler in the Arizona Fall League.
- Here's a bit more on the ranking from Rolling Stone.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Craig Newman reports on wacky choices for Cubs manager that swept across Twitter the other day using the hashtag #mysterycubsmanagerialcandidates
From Fox Phoenix
- (Video) Another video tour of the Cubs' new spring-training facility from a Phoenix TV station. (The complex still doesn't have a name, so we can't call it anything but "new spring-training facility" for now.)
- Former Cubs pitcher Ryan Dempster headed to St. Louis from Boston for World Series Game 3 wearing a most unusual suit. (No word on whether he napped on the plane.)
Today's food for thought