A lot more here than you would normally expect on an offseason Sunday.
From Comcast SportsNet
- So... just who is Rick Renteria?
- Theo Epstein says Renteria was the clear choice. Sorry, that sounds like lip service.
- As for Renteria, he's keeping his eyes forward.
- San Diego Padres' manager Bud Black says players will know where they stand with Renteria.
- The Cubs signed a minor league free agent. He is best known for selling a car to Ice-T.
- Cub pitchers suffered from some of the worst ball-strike calls of the season.
From Cubs Den
- The Seattle Mariners could be an interesting trade partner for the Cubs.
- With a manager in place, attention can now turn to filling out the coaching staff.
- Could Mike Olt be a big piece for the Cubs in 2014?
- Here are 5 starting pitchers who could (should?) interest the Cubs. I'd like to see the team take a look at Roberto Hernandez.
- Cubs Notes: some old content, but there's some updates from Arizona and a nice scouting report on a pitcher I really, really like as a potential Cubs' draftee.
- Here's a look at what bargain bin position players might be of interest to the Cubs.
- Darwin Barney didn't get a Gold Glove, but he did win an award for his defense.
- The team will look for quality pitching on the open market.
- The front office shared their vision with season ticket holders. I imagine Al will have more on this.
- Rick Renteria is optimistic and his first quote was funny.
- From his perspective, Padres' outfielder Will Venable thinks Renteria is a great leader.
- If you'd prefer to read drivel, click here.
- Tim wrote a nice article about whether the Cubs should 'rush' Kris Bryant. From the team perspective, they are committed to staying patient with their talented youngsters.
- For his part, Theo Epstein admits he has made some mistakes during the rebuild. I hope certain posters will read that. Not even Theo thinks Theo is perfect.
- The search for a hitting coach will be a high priority.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Renteria is a positive thinker who won't be fazed by the team's youth movement.
- Renteria's former team will miss the tireless worker.
- The Cubs are a franchise with a long-term vision.
From the Daily Herald
- The question, "Who will replace Keith Moreland in the radio booth?" just might create more buzz than the hiring of Rick Renteria.
- Think you know who all the Cubs' home-run leaders are for every season from 1920 to now? Try this Sporcle quiz.
Today's food for thought
- A new building in South Korea is bringing more nature to city life.