The links are a little light today as many of the topics have already ended up on the front page. Such is the life of an aggregator.
From Comcast SportsNet
- The GM of the Boston Red Sox says the team didn't deny the Cubs permission to talk to Torey Lovullo.
- Jed Hoyer thinks Dave Martinez can manage in the majors.
From Cubs Den
- The Cubs' offseason shopping list likely includes a catcher, outfielder, starting pitcher, and closer. They also expect to field a lot of trade calls.
- Cub Notes: Jeff Samardzija, Masahiro Tanaka, Bill Mueller, base coaches, and player movement rumors!
- I don't really like to recap individual games from the Arizona Fall League, but this one should just make you smile.
- Speaking of the AFL, infielder Wes Darvill is enjoying his time there while flying under the radar.
- GM Jed Hoyer is happy with the team's depth at third base and is turning his eyes to pitching help.
- If the Cubs do indeed play the New York Mets in Las Vegas, I assume what happens there will stay there.
- Kris Bryant's plan for success is to not look ahead.
- You should probably expect more inexpensive additions to the Cub roster this winter.
- And that, among other things, makes Scott Boras mad. The super agent rips the Cubs, Mets, and Astros.
- The team could get a nice tax break for the renovation work at Wrigley Field, if it ever starts.
From the Daily Herald
- Bruce Miles wonders who might be ready to work for Rick Renteria.
Today's food for thought