Cub Tracks will have some AFL wrap-up in Tuesday's edition.
From Comcast SportsNet
- New York Yankees' GM Brian Cashman never thought Joe Girardi would leave for the Cubs. Of course he didn't.
- Meanwhile, Theo Epstein has mixed emotions about the latest World Series title for his former employer, the Boston Red Sox.
- The Cubs are in a position to deal this winter, starting with Jeff Samardzija.
From Cubs Den
- The Cubs don't need to spend a bunch of money indiscriminately to prove their market status. After all, it's not the size of your market, it is how you use it.
- Notes part 1: the Blue Jays are interested in Jeff Samardzija, Matt Wieters may be available, Jacoby Ellsbury, and could a prospect swap with the Miami Marlins be in the works?
- Notes part 2: trying to land a big fish, gambling on Ellsbury, more news from Japan, and Shark rumors get hot.
- Carrie tackles a mailbox, including whether now is the right time to trade Darwin Barney.
- Rick Renteria is using a walker to put his best foot forward.
- Jesse Rogers thinks the recent rants from Scott Boras are awfully transparent.
- Nothing new.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Gordo thinks Jeff Samardzija could be on the way out.
From the Daily Herald
- Bruce Miles has an update on the search to find Pat Hughes' partner, as noted by Al on Saturday.
Today's food for thought