I know many of you won't care, but I found the Cubs Den draft article rather interesting and encouraging.
From Comcast SportsNet
- The Texas Rangers' GM has shifted his approach after making win-now trades with the Cubs.
- The front office hopes new hitting coach Bill Mueller can make a difference.
- It's the Yankees who are getting their money's worth out of Alfonso Soriano's contract with the Cubs.
- The Cubs are encouraging their fans to donate to the tornado relief fund.
- What are the Cubs' next moves for their broadcast rights on TV and radio?
From Cubs Den
- Cubs Notes looks at some wise words from Billy Beane and a look at some players of interest.
- Speaking of interest, perhaps some of these players would interest the Cubs in the Rule 5 draft.
- The 2014 draft is shaping up rather well for the Cubs. I'm still rooting for Tyler Beede.
- More Notes look at teams in on trade rumors with Jeff Samardzija (Nationals, Pirates, Blue Jays), other minor signings, and what it would take to acquire Matt Wieters.
- The Cubs reacted to the passing of MLBPA leader Michael Weiner.
- The future looks bright for the Cubs prospect nicknamed "Baby Ruth". That's Jeimer Candelario, if you didn't know.
- Bill Mueller can't wait to get back on the field.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Mayor Rahm Emanuel needs to be the Cub's MVP.
- The cheers of an 11-year-old girl have irked some Cub fans. Caution: the video autoplays and can be a bit loud.
Smokies Radio Network
- Cubs Den pointed to this, but I wanted to draw it out for you. It's an overview of Cub prospects this "fall" season and includes interviews!
Today's food for thought
- Experts from Chicago's Field Museum have identified a new dinosaur that could rival the mighty T-Rex.