I was flipping around the channels Saturday afternoon wondering "Isn't there a baseball game on anywhere?" It's going to be a long off-season.
We should have a new manager sometime this week, though.
From Comcast SportsNet
- Inspired by the Red Sox clinch at Fenway Park, Tony Andracki asks "What will it be like when the Cubs finally win the World Series?" Not the use of the word "when."
- A list of possible free agent targets for the Cubs.
- With the Red Sox season over, the Cubs can talk to Torey Lovullo about the manager's job. But only because his brother Whig Lovullo isn't available.
From Cubs Den
- Are the Cubs interested in Franklin Gutierrez? The Mariners released the outfielder. Or maybe Chris Young?
- Brad Ausmus interviewed to be the Cubs next manager... and then was hired by the Tigers. (More on this later this morning.)
- David Haugh thinks that Theo Epstein needs less talk, more rock. Or at least more action. He's also not encouraged by the fact the Cubs have interviewed seven candidates to be manager.
- Ryan Dempster is going to get a World Series Championship ring.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Nothing not covered elsewhere.
From the Daily Herald
- The rooftop owners aren't happy about the proposed sign in right field.
Today's food for thought