I know there's "bigger" news, but you've got to read the article on Albert Almora.
From Comcast SportsNet
- After an exhaustive, and exhausting search, the Cubs will formally announce their new manager later today.
- Could Curtis Granderson come home to Chicago to play for the Cubs or White Sox?
- Jeff Samardzija thinks his contract stance is misunderstood. He just wants to win.
- As announced yesterday, Keith Moreland won't return to the Cubs' radio booth.
From Cubs Den
- Some Cubs Notes: some dated managerial material, Jarrod Saltalamacchia won't be the next Cubs catcher and why the team needs to avoid land mines.
- The front office shouldn't do what the media thinks is best: that would be a terrible idea. But the media needs to be kept in mind.
- You may have also heard that the team may part ways with WGN-TV after the 2014 season.
- The Boston Red Sox are setting a bad precedent by standing in the way of Torey Lovullo getting a chance to interview with the Cubs.
- Albert Almora has been one of the stars of the Arizona Fall League as one of the youngest players in the desert. The youngster is confident in his future with the Cubs. This is a must read, in my opinion. I love the way this young man sounds and it is a well written piece.
- Here's a preview about Rick Renteria.
- Nothing not already posted, though they were the first ones I saw with the confirmation of Renteria. Emphasis on "I saw". Here's their first posting on it. I didn't know Renteria was a first round pick by the Pittsburgh Pirates.
From Peter Gammons Daily
- Thanks to Josh, who had this sent along to him. It's an article from Peter Gammons about how the agreement between the Red Sox and Cubs restricted the opportunity for Torey Lovullo to interview for the managerial job.
Today's food for thought
- Today's link has actual baseball relevance. I find this nearly impossible, but doctors have actually discovered a new human body part (caution: the name of the host site here might be a little salty for some). It's the anterolateral ligament and plays a role in ACL injury.