Spring training is here! Those words sound great, don't they?
Today, the annual makes its debut. It includes:
- A preview of this year's team and the players most likely to be on the Opening Day roster
- Fun with "comps", explaining systems of comparing players and using two current young Cubs (Brett Jackson and Jeff Samardzija) as examples
- The Cubs' Top 20 minor-league prospects
- A look back at the history of Cubs spring training in Mesa, as they prepare to play their final season in HoHoKam Stadium before moving to their new complex in 2014
- How the Cubs can become "The Best Team There Is" through the rebuild
- Comparing and contrasting two different types of rebuilding, both via developing minor-league talent and acquiring big-league talent by trade or free agency
- Darwin Barney's record-breaking errorless streak in the context of the novel "The Art Of Fielding"
- Could 2012 have been worse? A look at the worst Cubs individual seasons since 1990
- A look back to the 1950s and how the Braves became Chicago's "third team" when they moved to Milwaukee, and what that move from Boston meant to the Cubs and Chicago baseball
The BCB annual is available now at this link, as a digital download from the Amazon Kindle store, so anyone with a Kindle, or Kindle apps on iPad, iPhone or Android devices can get it now.
Please let me know in the comments if you are looking for another format.
It costs just $2.99. We hope you enjoy it as you get ready for the 2013 season.