That handshake could be golden. - Ralph Freso
Big news for those of you who like this feature and I suppose terrible news for those that don't. The girth of Cub Tracks, particularly on Tuesdays, is prompting a Sunday edition. The first Sunday Cub Tracks is scheduled to appear this coming Sunday. So don't forget to come back to BCB for a Sunday brunch of Cub links. But for now, let's scarf up some links to get us to the weekend.
In today's edition of Cub Tracks, the Cubs' franchise player is saying all the right things. And there's a preview of what could be a star-studded young outfield on Florida's Atlantic coast. Also, there will be a game thread here at BCB for this afternoon's Cubs intrasquad game; watch for it at 1:45 p.m. CT (for the 2 p.m. CT starting time).
From Comcast SportsNet
- Starlin Castro wants to take after his keystone teammate. The Cub shortstop is looking to be golden.
- Speaking of golden gloves, Darwin Barney says he won't be distracted by the comments made by Brandon Phillips.
- Theo Epstein is pleased with the progress of the organization.
- (Video) The CTL panel talks about the Cub rotation.
- Cub play-by-play man Len Kasper got a chance to shoot the puck at Tuesday's Chicago Blackhawks game. Though I have a feeling more eyes might be on another contestant.
From Cubs Den
- The minor league preview continues with a look at position players who could be in Daytona.
- A draft preview of the top 10 position players.
- (Video) Dale Sveum is optimistic about what he sees in the clubhouse. He also likes what he sees out of Kyuji Fujikawa.
- (Video) A look at the Cub coaching staff.
- Jeff Samardzija expects Matt Garza to be in the mix for the opener.
- Josh Vitters enjoyed his short stint in the Venezuelan winter league.
- Notes: Some cool things in this one, including what stats Keith Law uses to make prospect projections (via ESPN Insider article), how the 20-80 scale translates into stats, a cool visual of team salary info, and resparking Alfonso Soriano trade destinations.
- (Video) Kicking back with some of the Cubs, who talk about some of their off-field pursuits.
- Carlos Villanueva's career has come full circle.
- Brian Bogusevic grew up a White Sox fan. Now he's trying to make the team on the other side of town.
- Rule 5 pick Hector Rondon had his first throwing session rained out.
- Carlos Marmol learned from last year's struggles.
- The Cub organization lost one Brenly, but Michael Brenly thinks the pressure on him will lift.
- Starlin Castro is focused on eliminating lapses.
- (Video) Brent Lilibridge hopes his versatility helps him win a roster spot.
- David DeJesus thinks Matt Garza is the key to the Cubs' season.
- Anthony Rizzo is ready to put on the Italian uniform for the World Baseball Classic.
- Dale Sveum is anxious to see the youngsters in action.
- Fresh marketing ideas are coming for the Cubs.
- (Video) You can hear from Starlin Castro.
- The Cubs are leaving Fitch Park for good. Dale Sveum talked about it (video).
- The Cubs say Jorge Soler and Javier Baez will get good looks in the Cactus League.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- You probably know by now, but excitement is building for some of the Cub youngsters.
Today's food for thought
- Breathtaking. Check out some of the world's most amazing tunnels.