In today's edition of Cub Tracks, the Cubs' franchise player is saying all the right things. And there's a preview of what could be a star-studded young outfield on Florida's Atlantic coast. Also, there will be a game thread here at BCB for this afternoon's Cubs intrasquad game; watch for it at 1:45 p.m. CT (for the 2 p.m. CT starting time).
From Comcast SportsNet
- Starlin Castro wants to take after his keystone teammate. The Cub shortstop is looking to be golden.
- Speaking of golden gloves, Darwin Barney says he won't be distracted by the comments made by Brandon Phillips.
- Theo Epstein is pleased with the progress of the organization.
- (Video) The CTL panel talks about the Cub rotation.
- Cub play-by-play man Len Kasper got a chance to shoot the puck at Tuesday's Chicago Blackhawks game. Though I have a feeling more eyes might be on another contestant.
From Cubs Den
- The minor league preview continues with a look at position players who could be in Daytona.
- A draft preview of the top 10 position players.
- (Video) Dale Sveum is optimistic about what he sees in the clubhouse. He also likes what he sees out of Kyuji Fujikawa.
- (Video) A look at the Cub coaching staff.
- Jeff Samardzija expects Matt Garza to be in the mix for the opener.
- Josh Vitters enjoyed his short stint in the Venezuelan winter league.
- Notes: Some cool things in this one, including what stats Keith Law uses to make prospect projections (via ESPN Insider article), how the 20-80 scale translates into stats, a cool visual of team salary info, and resparking Alfonso Soriano trade destinations.
- (Video) Kicking back with some of the Cubs, who talk about some of their off-field pursuits.
- Carlos Villanueva's career has come full circle.
- Brian Bogusevic grew up a White Sox fan. Now he's trying to make the team on the other side of town.
- Rule 5 pick Hector Rondon had his first throwing session rained out.
- Carlos Marmol learned from last year's struggles.
- The Cub organization lost one Brenly, but Michael Brenly thinks the pressure on him will lift.
- Starlin Castro is focused on eliminating lapses.
- (Video) Brent Lilibridge hopes his versatility helps him win a roster spot.
- David DeJesus thinks Matt Garza is the key to the Cubs' season.
- Anthony Rizzo is ready to put on the Italian uniform for the World Baseball Classic.
- Dale Sveum is anxious to see the youngsters in action.
- Fresh marketing ideas are coming for the Cubs.
- (Video) You can hear from Starlin Castro.
- The Cubs are leaving Fitch Park for good. Dale Sveum talked about it (video).
- The Cubs say Jorge Soler and Javier Baez will get good looks in the Cactus League.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- You probably know by now, but excitement is building for some of the Cub youngsters.
Today's food for thought
- Breathtaking. Check out some of the world's most amazing tunnels.