Here's to an all-timer. - Andy Lyons
I swore I wouldn't do an Oscars tie-in because, well, I loathe the Oscars (sue me). But I still couldn't help it. Just one. So I thought I'd tie into an article about Mr. Cub, who has surely won an award or two over the years.
There seems to be a bit of debate about prospect lists since, well, they're lists.
From Comcast SportsNet
- (Video) What is the state of the Cubs' rotation? Here are updates on Matt Garza, Carlos Villanueva, & Arodys Vizcaino. The note on Vizcaino confirms what many of us suspected: the Cubs' top pitching prospect won't pitch in the Cactus League and will stay behind in extended spring training. That means he's pretty much a lock for the 60-day disabled list, which will free up a 40-man roster spot.
- (Video) Alfonso Soriano is looking to stay with the Cubs.
- (Video) Jeff Samardzija is in line to start on Opening Day.
- Dontrelle Willis suffered a setback in his attempt at a comeback.
- Baseball Prospectus has two Cub zygotes among the top 20 in the game. And you might be surprised at who is the top ranked Cub.
- (Video) Hall of Famer Ernie Banks was the "first" African-American manager.
- Brett Jackson and Rob Deer are on the same page.
From Cubs Den
- Is Jorge Soler now the Cubs' top prospect?
- If the New York Yankees want Alfonso Soriano, they better be prepared to offer some value.
- The Anarchist's Brunch: the primary subject is Cub fan discontent.
- For a man who has seemingly lived out of a suitcase for a while, Edwin Jackson is making himself at home.
- Shark doesn't want the opening day nod by default.
- All the extra hitting is paying off for Brett Jackson.
- Hector Rondon is turning heads early.
- (Video) Len Kasper is excited for spring training.
- (Video) The daily 'Brett Jackson comments on his new swing' installment.
- (Video) Some of the Cubs top prospects are enjoying big league camp.
- The Cubs hope they've solved their issues with depth at catcher.
- (Video) The Cubs are heating up at spring training.
- Brett Jackson had to start from scratch to fix his swing.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
From the Daily Herald
Today's food for thought
- Trying to get in the best shape of their lives, some pets are going to fat camp.