Goodbye, February, and please take the snow with you.
From Comcast SportsNet
- (Video only) CTL (or whatever they call it now) discusses whether the Cubs are "done" with Alfonso Soriano.
- (Video) Darnell McDonald is in camp as a non-roster invitee. He's also a cautionary tale as Cub fans get excited about hyped prospects.
- (Video) Cub first baseman Anthony Rizzo now has his own effect.
- (Video only) GM Jed Hoyer says "we're getting there."
- (Video) The Cubs went all in with their new rotation building block.
- (Video only) Edwin Jackson talked about his first spring appearance.
- (Video) Nate Schierholtz has a ring that serves as a reminder to his teammates.
- CSN will air the 15th annual toast to Harry Caray later Thursday night.
From Cubs Den
- Cub notes: The Wall Street Journal projects the Cubs to make a big jump, the sabermetricians are happy with the Cubs' platoon plans, a cool article on scouting, the Diamondbacks are happy with Starling Peralta, and updates on draftable guys.
- A preview of the arms that might take the mound for the Cubs' High-A affiliate in Daytona.
- Here's a look at some of the arms the Cubs could target with their second- and third-round picks. Our own Tim Huwe has already identified some of these names.
- Slick-fielding Darwin Barney is looking for more this season (video option).
- Carlos Villanueva appears to have made a good choice when he had to decide which sport he would focus on.
- All went well in Scott Baker's live BP session. He's also working on his mechanics (video only).
- (Video only) Edwin Jackson is excited to play winning baseball.
- More evidence for the "Alfonso Soriano is a good guy" camp. He's helping non-roster invitee Rafael Lopez adjust to life in big league camp. Lopez and I share an alma mater and he knows he wouldn't be in camp if he weren't a catcher.
- Somebody is pranking Darwin Barney.
- (Video) If the Cubs deal again at the deadline, Dale Sveum will be prepared.
- Kerry Wood answered questions about his future. He also thinks the Cubs should retire the number of former teammate Sammy Sosa.
- MLB security is telling players to protect themselves.
- Who's in and who's out on the Cub roster?
- Matt Garza is getting close to returning to the mound.
- Dale Sveum is keeping a loose clubhouse.
From the Chicago Tribune
- Edwin Jackson is well-traveled, but that shouldn't be a bad rap.
- I usually stay away from the columnists, but David Haugh says Theo Epstein is always calculating.
- First baseman Anthony Rizzo wants the Cubs to form a winning attitude.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- The Cubs are stockpiling 'damaged' arms.
From the Daily Herald
- I have no earthly idea what this paper is doing. Bruce's blog hasn't been updated in a couple weeks.
Today's food for thought
- Here's something for our tech fans: the hottest gadgets from the world's biggest mobile technology show.