Since the Cubs are all in, Edwin wears his poker face. - USA TODAY Sports
I hope everyone who got snowed under has started to dig themselves out. But put the shovel down and pick up the internet for some Cub related links.
Goodbye, February, and please take the snow with you.
From Comcast SportsNet
- (Video only) CTL (or whatever they call it now) discusses whether the Cubs are "done" with Alfonso Soriano.
- (Video) Darnell McDonald is in camp as a non-roster invitee. He's also a cautionary tale as Cub fans get excited about hyped prospects.
- (Video) Cub first baseman Anthony Rizzo now has his own effect.
- (Video only) GM Jed Hoyer says "we're getting there."
- (Video) The Cubs went all in with their new rotation building block.
- (Video only) Edwin Jackson talked about his first spring appearance.
- (Video) Nate Schierholtz has a ring that serves as a reminder to his teammates.
- CSN will air the 15th annual toast to Harry Caray later Thursday night.
From Cubs Den
- Cub notes: The Wall Street Journal projects the Cubs to make a big jump, the sabermetricians are happy with the Cubs' platoon plans, a cool article on scouting, the Diamondbacks are happy with Starling Peralta, and updates on draftable guys.
- A preview of the arms that might take the mound for the Cubs' High-A affiliate in Daytona.
- Here's a look at some of the arms the Cubs could target with their second- and third-round picks. Our own Tim Huwe has already identified some of these names.
- Slick-fielding Darwin Barney is looking for more this season (video option).
- Carlos Villanueva appears to have made a good choice when he had to decide which sport he would focus on.
- All went well in Scott Baker's live BP session. He's also working on his mechanics (video only).
- (Video only) Edwin Jackson is excited to play winning baseball.
- More evidence for the "Alfonso Soriano is a good guy" camp. He's helping non-roster invitee Rafael Lopez adjust to life in big league camp. Lopez and I share an alma mater and he knows he wouldn't be in camp if he weren't a catcher.
- Somebody is pranking Darwin Barney.
- (Video) If the Cubs deal again at the deadline, Dale Sveum will be prepared.
- Kerry Wood answered questions about his future. He also thinks the Cubs should retire the number of former teammate Sammy Sosa.
- MLB security is telling players to protect themselves.
- Who's in and who's out on the Cub roster?
- Matt Garza is getting close to returning to the mound.
- Dale Sveum is keeping a loose clubhouse.
From the Chicago Tribune
- Edwin Jackson is well-traveled, but that shouldn't be a bad rap.
- I usually stay away from the columnists, but David Haugh says Theo Epstein is always calculating.
- First baseman Anthony Rizzo wants the Cubs to form a winning attitude.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- The Cubs are stockpiling 'damaged' arms.
From the Daily Herald
- I have no earthly idea what this paper is doing. Bruce's blog hasn't been updated in a couple weeks.
Today's food for thought
- Here's something for our tech fans: the hottest gadgets from the world's biggest mobile technology show.