The charismatic and photogenic manager of the Cubs is at the forefront in this weekend version of Cub Tracks. He's the man, talks about pitching, and says ciao to some money.
From Comcast SportsNet
- Dale Sveum says Mariano Rivera has left a lasting impression on him.
- Scott Baker is fighting to get back.
- (Unrelated Video) Italy's big win over Mexico was a boon for Anthony Rizzo's charity, thanks to the Cub manager losing a bet.
- (Video) The Cubs see Dale Sveum as the right man for the job. I would hope they would relieve a manager of his duties if they felt otherwise.
- (Video only) Carlos Marmol feels great so far. Perhaps Al can give us a first-hand report on whether the Cub closer is in the best shape of his life.
- (Video only) Scott Baker would help solidify the Cub rotation.
From Cubs Den
- Updates on some Cub draft prospects.
- We want to start seeing the waves and waves of pitching. The jury is out on the wave that may wash inland to Double-A affiliate Tennessee.
- Hot shot prospects Javier Baez and Jorge Soler are making an impression in camp. The impressive part to me? We keep hearing that.
- Speaking of Baez, he is in camp to give him a taste of big league life. While he has made an impression, he's also run into some adversity. Which is good, by the way.
- Despite basically being told he will be dealt, Carlos Marmol can't worry about trade rumors.
- Cub management is keeping hope alive, despite low expectations. I'm pretty sure this is from the Houston Astros' beat writer, based on the hat.
- (Video only) In the interest of giving all the players a little attention, I present this interview with non-roster invitee Brad Nelson. It is probably worth keeping in mind that Nelson would be a candidate for regular playing time if Anthony Rizzo were to spend any length of time on the DL.
- The Cubs are looking to make Wrigley Field more kid friendly. The possibilities include a mascot. Say it ain't so.
From the Chicago Sun-Times (can read a paragraph, register to read the rest)
- Carlos Villanueva wants to start, but he'll help out wherever he is needed.
- The Cubs won't trade Carlos Marmol soon, but a deal is coming.
- The early return of Scott Baker would bolster the Cub bullpen. Randomish thought: Would they consider piggy-backing Baker and Villanueva early in the season?
- The hot corner was awfully cold for the Cubs last year. Will it warm up this season?
From the Daily Herald (registry required for all)
- The Cubs have stocked up on starting pitching.
Today's food for thought