This swing resulted in a double because the Money Badger didn't feel like trotting around the bases. - USA TODAY Sports
Sunday's column drew mostly crickets as you flocked to discuss the Cubs' young phenom. As the saying goes, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. So today's Cub Tracks is just chock full of Javier Baez!! The young Cub is taking advice to heart, the Cubs are being wooed to Rosemont, more Cuban talent is on the way, and we wonder if you care about life on Mars. And did I mention Javier Baez?
Jim Deshaies sounds like WGN sports anchor Dan Roan, even when he's talking about Javier Baez.
From Comcast SportsNet
- (Video) So far, Javier Baez is putting on a show.
- (Video only) Alfonso Soriano is impressed by the kid.
- The WBC provided quite an education for first baseman Anthony Rizzo.
- (Video only) And he reflected on that experience.
- Scott Baker doesn't think his rough first start will knock him off track.
- (Video) Javier Baez could give the Cubs some much needed swagger - some day.
- The mayor of Rosemont is making a pitch for the Cubs to call Rosemont home.
- And here's what a Cubs' game in Rosemont could look like.
- The Cubs won't rush starter Matt Garza back.
From Cubs Den
- This game preview included a frame-by-frame (sort of) breakdown of Baez' swing.
- The Anarchist's Brunch. This week: Theo is still Theo and Jim Deshaies will be fine.
- The team is already working on finalizing the roster.
- Some notes: the Cubs finalized another Cuban signing and Jorge Soler and Javier Baez are taking advice to heart.
- Ian Stewart is running out of time to get prepped.
- Dale Sveum is satisfied with the Cubs' position players.
- Kerry Wood is making sure the playing surface is safe for kids at the proposed Kerry Wood Field.
- Javier Baez has been putting on a show.
- David DeJesus isn't ready to just give up his starting spot.
- The Cub rotation was supposed to be a strength, but it is looking a little shaky so far.
- Javier Baez and Jorge Soler are being sent to minor league camp, but they'll be sticking around a few more days.
- For Scott Baker, it's baby steps.
- Carlos Marmol is dealing with trade rumors, still.
- The opening day line-up is all but set.
- Jorge Soler and Javier Baez definitely made an impression.
- (Video) Dale talks about how impressed he was.
- DeJesus is also enjoying being an elder statesman.
- (Video only) Scott Baker talked about his rough start.
- Carlos Marmol is still looking to be in control.
- Matt Garza thinks his injury just might be a blessing in disguise.
- (Video) Edwin Jackson talks about his nice outing.
- The Cubs can't shake the injury bug.
- The Cubs told their top prospects that they will see them soon.
From the Chicago Sun-Times (can read a paragraph, register to read the rest)
- Ian Stewart probably doesn't have enough time to make the opening day roster. Whether he remains with the team becomes the next question.
From the Daily Herald (registry required for all)
- Javier Baez is showing the Cub brass that he's special.
- Waubonsie Valley High School grad Michael Bowden is feeling right at home on the North Side.
Today's food for thought
- Is this the next Tiger Woods (talking about golf, people) or just a kid playing around?
- If there is life on Mars and it isn't E.T., will anyone care?