I'm excited to break out the first TOOTBLAN reference of the season.
From Comcast SportsNet
- What a difference a year makes for Javier Baez.
- Despite a setback, Scott Baker is not going to give up on the season.
- As the renovation debate continues, Theo thinks the Cubs will be in a good place at Wrigley Field.
- Just how good was Darwin Barney last year? The fielding metrics conclude: very.
- (Video only) The team has to move on without Baker, Matt Garza, and Ian Stewart.
From Cubs Den
- (With video option) Shawon Dunston Senior enjoyed his reunion with his son, Shawon Dunston Junior.
- Steve Clevenger has strengthened his grip on the final bench spot.
- The Cubs want Nate Schierholtz to get comfortable.
- (Video only) Jed Hoyer joined a recent Cubs game telecast to talk about how excited he is for the season, among other topics.
- Ian Stewart is going to be left behind in Arizona.
- The Cubs early rotation is an unproven bunch.
- Dioner Navarro joined the podcast to talk about positional competition (does not auto start).
- Who has been the surprise of camp? Steve Clevenger.
- Scott Baker is trying to stay optimistic.
- The injury to Matt Garza has been the toughest one for the Cubs.
- Starlin Castro helped out with a Q&A, which included talking about his birthday.
- Anthony Rizzo takes his job seriously.
- Clevenger has gone all out to make the roster.
- (Video only - free) Shawon Dunston Junior talks about his experiences in big league camp.
- Those experiences included a nice Monday reunion with his father.
- Dale Sveum says the Cubs need to be smarter on the bases. Fewer TOOTBLANs would be a good thing.
From the Chicago Sun-Times (can read a paragraph, register to read the rest)
- Despite a rash of injuries, the team is feeling good.
- The Cubs might just win the Sean Marshall trade yet. Travis Wood and Dave Sappelt hope to make it a no-doubter.
Today's food for thought