The writers are already running low on ideas. As such, we are left to look at Brian Bogusevic.
No offense, Brian.
I've also noticed that whoever I choose for the photo usually does something newsworthy the following day or two. So look for the non-roster invitee to make a splash heading into the weekend.
From Comcast SportsNet
- Breaking news! Questions remain at third base. I've got to think this a spot the front office still wants to address in some way, shape, or form.
- Matt Szczur is looking to speed up the learning curve.
- Starlin Castro says it is important to play in all 162.
From Cubs Den
- The minor league previews carry on with a look at the position players likely bound for the Cubs' Double-A affiliate in Tennessee.
- I don't usually include game recaps. But the recap of Tuesday's game includes some photos of some of the team's top prospects.
- The Cubs' future is in the cards.
- The order of the back of the rotation is still up in the air. This link includes a video of Javier Baez.
- Alfonso Soriano is looking for a healthy season full of wins.
- Ian Stewart is running out of time to make an impression.
- Brian Bogusevic could be the new Joe Mather.
- (Video) Dale Sveum talks about Jeff Samardzija and Javy Baez.
- Carlos Villanueva is proud to be a Latin voice in the MLB Players Association.
- (Video) Edwin Jackson should help an improved Cub rotation.
- Confidence is building for Brian Bogusevic.
- (Register) Progress by the Cubs' youngsters could speed up the rebuilding process.
- (Video) Scott Feldman talks about a rough outing.
- (Video) Dale Sveum talks about the Cubs' third base situation.
- (Video) And then he talks about bullpen depth.
- (Register) I found this to be incredibly head-scratching. Hisanori Takahashi apparently signed with the Cubs because he wanted to be a starter. Dude's gonna be lucky to make a major league roster.
- (Register) Fellow reliever Shawn Camp is looking more like a mainstay than a short-stay. That's according to Phil Rogers, which means Camp should probably keep his bags packed.
- (Register) Don't expect fireworks from the manager on either side of town.
From the Chicago Sun-Times (you can read a paragraph, register to read the rest)
- Javier Baez is waiting in the wings. We all wonder how long the wait will be.
- Cubs assistant hitting coach Rob Deer was a better hitter than you might remember.
- (Register) A little more on Bogusevic, who grew up cheering for the South Siders.
From the Daily Herald (registry required)
- The bullpen should be stronger this year.
- Carlos Marmol is the man, for now. And for better or worse.
- The Cubs' new Low-A affiliate, the Kane County Cougars, have released their radio schedule. Tune in to hear some of the zygotes during their first year of full-season ball.
Today's food for thought