Run, Brian, run. - Rob Tringali
Some days during spring training, you're not worried about the result, just getting your work in. Today is one of those days.
The writers are already running low on ideas. As such, we are left to look at Brian Bogusevic.
No offense, Brian.
I've also noticed that whoever I choose for the photo usually does something newsworthy the following day or two. So look for the non-roster invitee to make a splash heading into the weekend.
From Comcast SportsNet
- Breaking news! Questions remain at third base. I've got to think this a spot the front office still wants to address in some way, shape, or form.
- Matt Szczur is looking to speed up the learning curve.
- Starlin Castro says it is important to play in all 162.
From Cubs Den
- The minor league previews carry on with a look at the position players likely bound for the Cubs' Double-A affiliate in Tennessee.
- I don't usually include game recaps. But the recap of Tuesday's game includes some photos of some of the team's top prospects.
- The Cubs' future is in the cards.
- The order of the back of the rotation is still up in the air. This link includes a video of Javier Baez.
- Alfonso Soriano is looking for a healthy season full of wins.
- Ian Stewart is running out of time to make an impression.
- Brian Bogusevic could be the new Joe Mather.
- (Video) Dale Sveum talks about Jeff Samardzija and Javy Baez.
- Carlos Villanueva is proud to be a Latin voice in the MLB Players Association.
- (Video) Edwin Jackson should help an improved Cub rotation.
- Confidence is building for Brian Bogusevic.
- (Register) Progress by the Cubs' youngsters could speed up the rebuilding process.
- (Video) Scott Feldman talks about a rough outing.
- (Video) Dale Sveum talks about the Cubs' third base situation.
- (Video) And then he talks about bullpen depth.
- (Register) I found this to be incredibly head-scratching. Hisanori Takahashi apparently signed with the Cubs because he wanted to be a starter. Dude's gonna be lucky to make a major league roster.
- (Register) Fellow reliever Shawn Camp is looking more like a mainstay than a short-stay. That's according to Phil Rogers, which means Camp should probably keep his bags packed.
- (Register) Don't expect fireworks from the manager on either side of town.
From the Chicago Sun-Times (you can read a paragraph, register to read the rest)
- Javier Baez is waiting in the wings. We all wonder how long the wait will be.
- Cubs assistant hitting coach Rob Deer was a better hitter than you might remember.
- (Register) A little more on Bogusevic, who grew up cheering for the South Siders.
From the Daily Herald (registry required)
- The bullpen should be stronger this year.
- Carlos Marmol is the man, for now. And for better or worse.
- The Cubs' new Low-A affiliate, the Kane County Cougars, have released their radio schedule. Tune in to hear some of the zygotes during their first year of full-season ball.
Today's food for thought