Thoughts and prayers to Boston.
From Comcast SportsNet (remember - lots of auto start videos)
- The Cub bullpen has really let the team down.
- And if you missed it, the bullpen shuffle continues. Hopefully Rafael Dolis enjoyed his weekend in Chicago. Enter Kameron Loe and maybe later, Kevin Gregg. One quick observation on Loe. In the article, Sveum says if Loe gets enough rest his sinker is better. This would seem to go against a lot of "common knowledge" that sinkerballers work better when not amped up.
- This all comes after Edwin Jackson and Michael Bowden, with a hat tip to the, ahem, efforts of Dioner Navarro, set a dubious major league record. "I thought you had to do something good to be famous. Not if you do it colorfully."
- I will leave most of the renovation discussion alone, but Tom Ricketts says it is World Series or bust now.
From Cubs Den
- Anarchist's Brunch looks at the hype of April and the dangers of small sample sizes.
- The Cub version of a New Deal could rebuild emotion.
- Dale Sveum is excited that some of the team's prospects are getting closer to being Wrigley ready.
- The Cubs and visiting Texas Rangers will honor Jackie Robinson on Tuesday. Derek Holland will take to the hill for the Rangers, bringing a Harry Caray impersonator back to the Wrigley mound. And a neat little tidbit from that article: only eight current Rangers (three pitchers and five position players) have ever played at Wrigley. How many can you name without looking?
- Dave Sappelt is especially looking forward to honoring Jackie Robinson.
- The Cub manager is eager for his defensive ace, Darwin Barney, to return to second base.
- (Video only) Steve Clevenger says the re-aggravation of his oblique injury felt like someone stabbed him.
- The team is running out of options, which means Carlos Marmol might be running back out in the 9th.
- (Video only) Former Cub Rookie of the Year Jerome Walton talked about the impact of Jackie Robinson during the groundbreaking for a new field on the city's south side.
From the Daily Herald (registry required for all)
- Injuries are keeping the roster in flux
Today's food for thought
- What happens when you cry in space? Holy cow, is this weird.