This space is available for advertisement. Seriously. I work here for free. So how about someone throw me a bone and make this "Cub Tracks brought to you by Bass Pro Shop"????
From Comcast SportsNet
- The Cubs are taking some lessons from playing contenders. They're getting a look at championship DNA.
- Nationals starter Dan Haren is in a better place after last fall's almost trade to the Cubs.
From Cubs Den
- A look ahead at the Cubs' pitching staff. If it all works out, it could be enticing.
- Here's a cool Q&A with beat writer Patrick Mooney. Topics include resources, trades, and the draft.
- Draft mocks have the Cubs looking rather Gray.
- Q&A with Kane County Cougars outfielder, and growing folk legend among Cub prospects, Bijan Redemacher.
- This was a game preview, but it summarizes some of the early trade rumors. The buzzards are already circling the Cubs' corpse.
- Anthony Rizzo does a lot of charity work trying to help people with cancer. He's just paying back his mom, who was instrumental in Anthony's own battle with cancer.
- Cub pitchers are failing at fielding.
- Is the Cubs' search for starting pitching over?
- The Cubs need to start turning hits into runs. Incidentally, this is why on-base percentage is so important. More people on base when you do get hits equals more runs.
- Travis Wood doesn't mind flying under the radar.
- The Cubs are making better use of sabermetrics.
- Ian Stewart's future is uncertain.
- Phil Rogers says stupid things about Mark Appel.
From the Chicago Sun-Times (can read a paragraph, register to read the rest)
- The Washington Nationals are a measuring stick for the Cubs.
- Edwin Jackson was really looking forward to starting against his old team.
- Dan Haren's hip may haunt the Cubs.
From the Daily Herald (registry required for all)
- The Cubs are bad with runners in scoring position.
Today's food for thought
- Instead of TV, you should watch the scientific method.