Happy Sunday, everyone.
From Comcast SportsNet
- With a big contract in hand, Anthony Rizzo will have to handle expectations.
- Carlos Marmol denies he wants to be traded. It's okay, Carlos, we want you to be traded, too.
- Jeff Samardzija has no issues with confidence.
- Edwin Jackson is making adjustments, but still coming up short.
From Cubs Den
- The Cubs are fun to watch again.
- In the Midwest League, he's a ways away from Wrigley. But Kane County Cougar Wilson Contreras is emerging as the organization's best catching prospect.
- The Cubs are getting better. This offseason, it should be time to look to add wins and not just value.
- Here are three three-round scenarios for the upcoming draft.
- Kevin Gregg has added a much needed even-keep and low-key presence to the Cub bullpen.
- And that bullpen is taking shape.
- The team is trying to eliminate defensive lapses.
- Matt Garza's return should fortify the rotation.
- With his legal issues, Carlos Marmol says he won't be trusting anyone.
From the Chicago Sun-Times (can read a paragraph, register to read the rest)
From the Daily Herald (registry required for all)
- The Cubs are gaining confidence. It's starting to come together, Pepper, starting to come together.
- From Dale Sveum's perspective, Mets' ace Matt Harvey is the real deal.
- "Baseball Time" is the only time that matters.
Today's food for thought