I want to get some thoughts from the masses. Do you want the Sunday edition of Cub Tracks to stick around? It hasn't been getting much traffic with the Saturday game review and early posting time of the Sunday game preview.
Just curious because I want to spend my time and efforts wisely.
From Comcast SportsNet
- (Video, too) Edwin Jackson understands the boo birds. In fact, he probably would have booed himself, too.
- Because we now live in bizarro world, Kevin Gregg is providing a sense of calm in the Cub pen.
- Renovation news: Here's the plan. Here's the window to get it done. And here's the threat if it's not approved.
- Naming rights and seat licenses are not part of the plan to raise revenue at Wrigley.
- Sort of Cubs related, but the single-A affiliate Kane County Cougars will host a Star Wars promotion on Friday under the banner of "May The Fourth Be With You."
From Cubs Den
- In the second part of a series, Cubs Den looks at players as building blocks or trading blocks. This installment looks at cost-controlled players. They are: Darwin Barney, James Russell, and Travis Wood. Let the debates begin.
- Julio Borbon is sporting an outfielder's glove bearing the signature of Phillies lefty Cliff Lee.
- Dale Sveum will base his closer decisions on match-ups.
- Speaking of James Russell, you can ask him a question.
- So far Theo Epstein's biggest free agent signing has been a bust.
- Ian Stewart says he's not ready to come back. No kidding.
- Darwin Barney's return has cleaned up the defense. It might be part coincidence, but man has he made a difference.
- Is Kevin Gregg the closer? Not in name.
- Pitch count totals are working against Jeff Samardzija.
- The team is ready to move on from a strange April.
- Theo Epstein says clubhouse renovations might be delayed.
- Will obstructed view seats on the rooftops be worth it?
- It was a power-free April for Alfonso Soriano. Again.
- The clock is ticking on Ian Stewart's return.
- Anthony Rizzo says Tom Ricketts wants to win, preferably at Wrigley but elsewhere if necessary.
- Phil Rogers thinks Theo Epstein must be getting frustrated. The Cubs appear to have finished second in the bidding for difference makers Oakland A's outfielder Yeonis Cespedes and Los Angeles Dodgers lefty Hyun-Jin Ryu. To rub it in a bit more, he forgot to mention Rangers' ace Yu Darvish. Sigh.
From the Chicago Sun-Times (can read a paragraph, register to read the rest)
- The team is supporting top prospect Jorge Soler.
- Gordo thinks Padres' third baseman Chase Headley would look good in a Cub uniform.
From the Daily Herald (registry required for all)
- Dale Sveum says Darwin Barney's D makes all the difference.
Today's food for thought
- Generate your own Yoda talk.