The poll question jumps off of one of today's links, while also rolling interests and a bubbling BCB sentiment all into one delicious concoction. I thought about adding an "it depends" answer since that may be the first reflex for many of you (e.g., yes if it is Guy A, no if it is Guy B), but it is my poll question: so pick a side!
And let's beat those dirty, filthy Pale Hose this week. Prepare to watch a game or two on mute with the other team's broadcasters soiling the airwaves.
From Comcast SportsNet
- Jeff Samardzija loves being part of the Crosstown Rivalry.
- Matt Garza didn't think much of Cincinnati Reds' pitcher Johnny Cueto sailing a pitch over the head of David DeJesus. In Matt's words, Cueto needs to "grow the hell up".
- Speaking of the team from the Queen City, the Reds have built the foundation the Cubs are looking for.
- The team says it's not the contract. Anthony Rizzo puts pressure on himself for other reasons.
- Is the Cubs' draft debate down to the two pitchers?
- Meanwhile, last year's number one pick is off to a torrid start. So head to Geneva to get a look at Albert Almora.
From Cubs Den
- The Cubs Den mock draft thinks the Cubs will have their choice of the top two pitchers in the draft. But, again guys, enough with the 41 clicks to see all the way to the Cubs' second choice.
- Theo Epstein is losing patience with the offense' lack of patience.
- We're close enough to the draft that Dale Sveum is weighing in.
- Starlin Castro is confident he will find his swing. My two cents: we're getting to the "he is what we thought he is" point.
- The Trib's annual, and pointless, exercise in naming the "All-City" team is back. I'm not sure there's a contender there if you put the two rosters together, but at least we'd be getting closer. It would sure be nice to have Chris Sale on the north side.
- And the exercise continues in a slightly more interesting way, comparing the prospects of the two clubs. Hey! We're winning! (Truth be told: I didn't read this article. But if it came to any other conclusion, the last shred of Trib credibility can be officially rescinded.)
- Dale Sveum is watching video of 4 prospects for the first pick in the draft.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- In the days after beaning Sox slugger Paul Konerko last year, Jeff Samardzija called to check in on the south side icon.
- Several Cubs might be headed out of town soon.
- But, sigh, Alfonso Soriano might not be ready to be one of them.
- Matt Garza could set the Cubs up for 2014.
From the Daily Herald
- Len Kasper thinks a quieter crosstown tone is a good thing.
- Trains, lanes, and teams under construction are the themes of this year's cross-town series.
Today's food for thought
- CNN does many stupid things. But I thought this was touching. They posted 100 faces in 100 hours in honor of yesterday's Memorial Day holiday.