Fighting through internet issues to bring you your links...
From Comcast SportsNet
- Carlos Marmol wants to stay part of the Cubs - White Sox rivalry.
- The Cubs were bummed to not get to build on a 2-0 lead against Sox ace Chris Sale.
- The Cubs need to give Jeff Samardzija some sort of wake-up call.
- Speaking of Shark, he and Matt Garza are adding some attitude to the Cubs. I believe the kids call it "swag".
- The Cubs respond to comments by Reds' manager Dusty Baker.
- Scott Feldman keeps paying dividends.
- Injuries are setting back the Cubs' rebuild.
From Cubs Den
- Sleeper prospect Kyle Hendricks is opening some eyes at Double-A Tennessee. I honestly don't do this much. Honest. And it is early and plenty can change. But I'm filing this one under "I told you so". Sure, I'd love if he threw 94. But smart (Dartmouth) pitchers who throw strike after strike after strike should not be dismissed just because of a lack of MPH. Check out his minor league numbers: 37 walks in 240.2 IP. That's 1.4 BB/9. How many starters have the Cubs run out in recent years who could walk 37 in less than 10 starts? In the last season and a half, he's had 34 games (1 in relief), throwing 205 IP (6 IP / start, very solid for the minors where guys get pulled even earlier) with 171 Ks and 31 BB (5.5 K/BB) with a WHIP under 1. He's probably not the guy who's going to start Game 1 of the World Series when the Cubs get there. But I am really excited to see this guy keep working toward Wrigley. (And, yes, I'm fully aware that this praise will lead to getting shelled in his next outing... that's how this stuff works.)
- Analyzing Edwin Jackson's early season struggles.
- Scott Feldman was looking forward to dueling with an old friend: John Danks.
- The NCAA College World Series tournament regional weekend is giving the Cubs front office one more look at three of the four players they are (reportedly) considering with the second overall pick.
- Alex Burnett is excited to pitch for the Cubs. I'd hoped he'd say that.
- The bullpen will just have to mix and match.
- (Video) The city of Chicago has some "priceless" pitching.
- Edwin Jackson is on a stormy streak.
- Kevin Gregg thinks trade talk is disrespectful.
- Speaking of, the Cubs aren't sellers. Yet. So why not stick percentages on how likely players are to stick around?
- Is the offense starting to "get it"?
- Dioner Navarro's big day came through a couple different bats.
- Nothing in the bullpen has gone according to plan.
- Tommy John surgery is more common, but still a little risky.
- Phil Rogers thinks the Cubs should not be locked on a pitcher with the second overall pick. I imagine Theo and Jed were already on this.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Julio Borbon and Ryan Sweeney are looking for forever homes with the Cubs.
- Alfonso Soriano might be ready for a hot streak.
- Shark is the Cubs' future.
- The Cubs are having time of day issues at home.
- Cub pitching prospects are having injuries and issues.
From the Daily Herald
Today's food for thought
- Russian scientists say they have found some prehistoric blood in a frozen woolly mammoth. Jurassic Park, here we go.