Let the prospect listing begin.
From Comcast SportsNet
- Edwin Jackson had a real nice game on Sunday, but he's still looking for some answers.
- The Cubs' Saturday loss to the Pittsburgh Pirates highlighted the need for the club to build around drafted players.
- The teams' locker room is buzzing over the Chicago Blackhawks.
From Cubs Den
- Another writer misues my "favorite" word, but argues that Kris Bryant was the safest bet in a crapshoot.
- Here's a post draft top 20 list of Cub prospects. There will be more.
- David DeJesus is worth some All Star consideration.
- The team made pitching a priority in the draft.
- The team's redevelopment plan is flourishing...
- ...even as the club takes a patient approach with top prospects.
- Manager Dale Sveum is letting Starlin Castro play through his struggles.
- Edwin Jackson finally relaxed, resulting in a win.
- The team loves the haul of pitchers it nabbed in the draft.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Pirates' manager Clint Hurdle likes the Cubs' rebuilding plan. These sometimes seem like backhanded compliments, to me.
- Dale Sveum may be "adopting" the Blackhawks. It would fit his profile.
From the Daily Herald
- Len Kasper points to the variety of internet stops he makes to do his research. Of course, we'll need to get Len reading BCB on a daily basis to really ramp up his prep work.
Today's food for thought