Feel free to fill this column with Waterboy quotes.
From Comcast SportsNet
- Is Mark Appel the right choice for the Cubs?
- Theo and Jed seem to have narrowed their choice to about four players.
- Nobody here notices, but San Diego Padres' pitcher Andrew Cashner is holding up his end of the trade that netted the Cubs Anthony Rizzo.
From Cubs Den
- All things draft, including a Q&A with Jim Callis that suggests the Cubs may be looking for immediate impact.
- Some photos of the Kane County Cougars.
- Potential Cubs' pick Jonathan Gray has tested positive for Adderall.
- The Cubs are zeroing in on their pick.
- Diamondbacks' manager Kirk Gibson loves the way Jeff Samardzija pitches, but not how he runs his mouth.
- Edwin Jackson says he is better than "this". We all better hope so.
- Javier Baez and Jorge Soler continue to impress at high-A affiliate Daytona.
- The Cubs are looking for impact, not fill a need, in the draft.
- Starlin Castro has now played in 500 games as a Cub.
- The Cubs have been winning (except for Saturday and Sunday) with homers.
- Dale Sveum is hoping the front office drafts some strong arms this week.
- The baseball draft is buyer beware.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
From the Daily Herald
- Jason McLeod is a little weary, with his big week upon him.
- Len Kaspar has two keys to enjoying baseball.
- Bruce Miles looks at this hits, misses, and incompletes so far from the Theo and Jed regime.
Today's food for thought