Here are write-ups from our partners at LoneStar Ball on Mike Olt (click here) and Justin Grimm (click here), in case you missed them in Josh's write-up yesterday. As for other Matt Garza links, I didn't post everyone's write-up. Too redundant.
From Comcast SportsNet
- Starlin Castro is making a "comeback". The young shortstop says the second half is "all mine".
- The time could be now for Junior Lake.
- The Cubs aren't distracted by trade rumors.
- Most assume closer Kevin Gregg will be traded. If so, Pedro Strop is looking like he may be next in line for the job.
- Look who the Cubs got for Matt Garza.
From Cubs Den
- I don't usually link to their minor league recaps since Josh does such a phenomenal job for us here. But this recap has some video of a fun walk-off celebration for the Kane County Cougars and a note about when top IFA prospect Eloy Jimenez will sign (August).
- Not too long ago, he was "missing". But Brett Jackson is working his way back.
- Carlos Villanueva is impressed by how Matt Garza is handling all the rumors. He can also relate.
- In case you haven't noticed, or forgot, the Cubs have a doubleheader on July 30 (a day-night split DH, the day game a makeup of an April 10 rainout against the Brewers). Jake Arrieta could get the call to start one of those games.
- (Video) An intriguing look back at baseball's first female executive. "Aunt Midge", Margaret Donohue, who worked for the Cubs for almost 40 years and is credited with inventing the concept of season tickets.
- He's never really been known for his glove, anyway, so expect some growing pains as Junior Lake adjusts to being the center of attention in the outfield.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- Gordo says Alfonso Soriano and Kevin Gregg have "joined" Matt Garza on the trade block. This is new?
From the Daily Herald
- Len Kasper tries to sort through baseball's steroids issue.
Today's food for thought
- Photos from Comic-Con are always fun to scroll through.