The bullpen. Oh, the bullpen.
From Comcast SportsNet
- The Cubs are in sell-mode early.
- Dale Sveum thinks the bullpen is "almost comical". No one here is laughing.
- The trade of Scott Feldman represents baseball's new economy.
From Cubs Den
- Here's a summary of Tuesday's flurry. I link because it has some video of the IFA guys.
- The Cubs' front office is gambling, smartly.
- Here's what Tuesday's big day means and why it was so important.
- Nate Schierholtz and his teammates need your All-Star votes.
- Kevin Gregg likes the arms the Cubs just acquired. He is familiar with them from his time with the Orioles. Of course, this is most likely going to be a "ships passing in the night" sort of situation.
- The team's series in Oakland was a homecoming for manager Dale Sveum.
- Dale Sveum is halfway through his contract.
- Jeff Samardzija thinks it's a shame the Cubs traded Scott Feldman. (Note to readers: this was was also fanshatted, which is I believe the agreed upon past tense of creating the FanShots of BCB lore.)
- The Cubs' trades show a growing international perspective.
- The manager is excited about the power arms being added to the bullpen. That means you, Pedro Strop and Matt Guerrier.
From the Chicago Sun-Times
- The Sun Times appears to have a new font!
- Alfonso Soriano isn't worried about his future.
- Here's what we know and have yet to learn about the Cubs at the season's midpoint.
From the Daily Herald
- I'm thinking of just dropping them from the rotation. They have only game recaps up. As of 6pm Wednesday, Bruce's blog title is "Marmol trade to Dodgers a possibility". Seriously?
Today's food for thought
- Star Trek fans are bummed: one of Pluto's moons will not be named Vulcan.